So, you've put in all of the hard work.....he/she said yes! You've booked the venue, you bought the dress/tux, you're picking out flowers and invitations, but what about your photography?
I'm passionate about my couples knowing all they need to know up front - it takes out that boring guess work, and better prepares you for what's to come. As your wedding photographer I not only act as the person responsible for capturing your memories, but as a partner with you for your whole wedding process. I've been to a few of these (and even had one myself!) so if you want my opinions, I'm more than willing to share! But in the meantime, here are a few Frequently Asked Questions and their answers:
- How much will my wedding photography cost? The answer to that one is simple - please see my page titled "$$" to see what your financial investment will be. There is nothing above and beyond that, unless you choose to order professional prints from me, but that is at your sole discretion. My price includes tax and there are no hidden fees or costs. The cost for me to hold your date is a $1000 fee which will be applied to the total cost.
- How long will you be a part of our wedding day? A typical wedding day will have me arriving about 2 hours before the ceremony and staying until approximately 9:30 pm; but given that every wedding is unique and customized this could vary. (you can also find this information in the "$$" tab, full package information is provided there)
- Are you a legitimate business? This is something you should be considering when finding a wedding photographer. Someone who does photography as a hobby is not necessarily the same as someone who does it professionally, and in the end that might not matter to you. But I am a legitimate business - and the biggest thing that you can take away from that is that I am insured; which includes recovery services in case something awful were to happen and your photos were thought to be lost. (technology is cool these days, 99% of the time lost photos can be recovered from memory cards/cameras, but it's a pricey service unless you have insurance) So this can provide you with some additional peace of mind.
- Are you experienced? I am! I love weddings....attending them, being in them, and shooting them! I always say I would get remarried (to the same person, of course!) every year if I could just to plan another wedding. Call me crazy! But I have been shooting weddings as a solo photographer since 2012, and worked as a second shooter prior to that. I know how to work with the flow of weddings very well, and how much time it will typically take me to get everything you want. I will work with you to lay out the timeline for your entire day about 2-3 weeks prior to your wedding and finalize our shot list so nothing is missed. You're in good hands.
- Do you have backup equipment? I do! I carry two cameras with me throughout the day and multiple lenses. I have numerous lights as well, and ALWAYS have backup memory cards, batteries, you name it! As long as you don't mind that I have to lug around a ton of stuff, I will give you my promise that there won't be a scenario where I won't have the equipment I need.
- What happens if we book you and you can't attend the wedding? This is a clause in my contract that very thoroughly states that if I can't make it to your wedding, be it severe illness, injury, or death, you will be provided with either a replacement photographer or a full refund (your choice). My husband (AKA part-time secretary) is aware of all weddings on my calendar and if anything should happen you would definitely be notified as soon as possible.
- Will I legally own my pictures? You will have full reprint release rights, which means you can get them printed wherever you'd like if you choose not to utilize me for prints (although if you print at chain stores or drugstores, please don't break my heart and tell me about it); however I will still legally maintain the copyright, which means I have your permission to use your photos for advertisement materials - not limited to but including my website and social media. We will go over this fully when we meet to discuss my contract.
- If my wedding is cancelled, will I receive my fee back? Unfortunately, you will not receive your reservation fee back if your wedding is cancelled. The money you put down is a placeholder for your date, and chances are that I've turned down other weddings that I cannot get back by saving that date for you. I will be very sad to hear that your wedding is not taking place; however in order to keep my business running successfully I can't issue refunds for cancelled dates. If, however, you need to change your date and I am available on your new date, I will amend and honor the contract we have. If I am already booked for another wedding, the fee will be forfeited.
- When is my final payment due? Your final payment is due to me 2-3 weeks prior to your wedding day. At that time we will meet again in person to go over your shot list, itinerary, and any other pertinent details to help make sure your day runs smoothly, along with taking care of the final payment so you don't have to worry about that on your special day.
- How long will it take to receive our wedding pictures? Your photos are each hand-edited individually by me. Depending on how many photo opportunities we have, you could end up with anywhere from 500-800 edited wedding pictures, so as you can imagine that takes a little time to accomplish! Contractually I state "approximately 8-10 weeks". If you have an unusually large amount of photos, or special editing required, it could take up to 12 weeks. However, if you have something that is time-sensitive, such as a thank-you photo, I will turn that around to you within 1-2 weeks. You will also have a Facebook sneak peek up within 1 week.
- What is your editing style? I will naturally edit out as much of the following as is possible: lint, stray hairs, blemishes, boogers (hey, it happens!), dirt spots, etc. What I will not do is change your overall appearance. Your happiness will shine through and you WILL see that in your pictures - your wedding day is a day to throw all of your insecurities aside! I will do some artistic and/or black and white conversions. My style is a little all over the place - journalistic, dramatic, traditional, creative. My absolute favorites are the candid moments when you don't even know I am looking. I encourage you to look at my wedding photos online and imagine that those photos are of your wedding day. If you like what you see, then we could be a match!
- Why should we pick you when there are so many photographers out there? This is a fun question! I legitimately, truly, with all of my heart want you to choose a photographer that feels right. If that's not me, then it wasn't meant to be! No hard feelings! These will be pictures you will cherish for the rest of your life and I'd never want someone to regret that they chose me. You should pick me based on how much you love my work, if I fit into your budget, and if you feel comfortable with me when we meet in person. If I don't meet all of these things, then I encourage you to find someone who does. You can't redo your wedding day, so go with your gut and do what's best for you.
Don't see your question here? Message me and ask - I'd love to help! Happy wedding planning!